|ISBN 978-1-62130-730-3 (paperback), $39.95
ISBN 978-1-62130-731-0 (Kindle e-book), $15.99
ISBN 978-1-62130-732-7 (PDF e-book), $15.95
Contents of the Handbook:
1. Introduction - William C. McGaghie, Ph.D.
2. A Primer of Evaluation Terminology: Definitions and Important Distinctions in Evaluation - Louis N. Pangaro, M.D.
3. System Approaches to Student Assessment - Louis N. Pangaro, M.D.
4. Sharing Student Performance Information Across Courses and Clerkships - Lynn M. Cleary, M.D.
5. Using Pre-Clerkship Variables to Identify High-Risk Students - Jeffrey S. LaRochelle, M.D., M.P.H.; Gerald D. Denton, M.D., M.P.H.
6. Assessment in the Post-Clerkship Year - Meenakshy K. Aiyer, M.B.B.S.; Matthew Joseph Mischler, M.D.
7. Introduction to Section Two: Integrating Assessment Methods with Blueprints - Louis N. Pangaro, M.D.
8. Descriptive Evaluations and Clinical Performance Evaluations in the Workplace - Rechell G. Rodriguez, M.D.; Paul A. Hemmer, M.D., M.P.H.
9. Direct Observation of Students' Clinical Skills - Eric Holmboe, M.D.
10. Evaluating Medical Procedures: Evaluation and Transfer to the Bedside - Jeffrey H. Barsuk, M.D., M.S.; Eytan Szmuilowicz, M.D.
11. Assessing Clinical Reasoning - Steven Durning, M.D.; Joseph Rencic, M.D.; Lambert Schuwirth, M.D.
12. The Search for a Meaningful Evaluation of Professionalism - Emily E. Anderson, Ph.D., M.P.H.; Mark Kuczewski, Ph.D.
13. Feedback - Lisa E. Leggio, M.D.; T. Andrew Albritton, M.D.
14. Introduction to Section Three: Structured Assessments for Clerkships - William C. McGaghie, Ph.D.
15. Clerkship Examinations - Thomas Sisson, M.D.; Cyril Grum, M.D.
16. Writing Multiple Choice Questions - Ruth-Marie E. Fincher, M.D.; Robert R. Nesbit, Jr., M.D.
17. Standardized Patient-Based Assessment of Clinical Skills in Clerkships - Michael Ainsworth, M.D.; Karen Szauter, M.D.
18. Assessment Using Simulation Technologies - Keith F. Muccino, S.J., M.D.; Viva Jo Siddall, M.S., M.S., R.R.T., R.C.P., C.C.M.E.-P.
19. Designing and Setting Standards in Clerkship Examinations -Julia Corcoran, M.D., M.H.P.E.
20. Converting Evaluations into Grades - Michael Battistone, M.D.
21. Legal Aspects of Assigning Failing Grades - Thomas Jamieson, M.D., J.D.; Paul A. Hemmer, M.D., M.P.H.; Louis N. Pangaro, M.D.
22. Conclusions - William C. McGaghie, Ph.D.; Louis N. Pangaro, M.D.
|The Alliance for Clinical Education (ACE) is proud to offer its
Handbook on Medical Student Evaluation and Assessment.
This comprehensive book derives from some chapters in the
indispensable fourth edition of the Guidebook for Clerkship Directors,
but expands upon those chapters and contains critical new information
about milestones, professionalism, and program evaluation.
It is useful not only for clerkship directors, but also for
pre-clinical educators, teachers of electives and subinternships,
the dean's office, the student affairs office, residency and fellowship
program directors, and anyone who teaches, advises, or mentors
medical students. It discusses all aspects of assessing learners,
with well-referenced presentations starting from basic definitions,
progressing through various assessment methods, and
including reviews of the legal aspects of assessments.
Buy the Handbook at the
regular price and get the
My Patience, an $18.95
value, for only $5.00.