What Does/Did Luft Do For Fun?
- I play bridge -- pretty well. In 1995 I achieved the rank of Life Master and in 2002 the rank of Bronze Life Master in the American Contract Bridge League.
- I play chess -- but not very well.
- I go fishing -- but not very often any more.
- I do research on my genealogy. I am 3/4 British, mostly English, and 1/4 Swedish via a line that originated in the Netherlands. Since I have Campbell ancestors on both sides, I am a member of the Clan Campbell Society of North America.
- I do a little carpentry around the house. I've built a darkroom, a kitchen island, a staircase, and a few partitions.
- As an undergraduate at Bowdoin, I participated in the theatre group, the Masque and Gown, playing mostly comic bit parts. I can't sing or dance, but I can do a pratfall, and my physical timing isn't bad. Someday I hope to have the opportunity to act on stage again.